Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Nat GAs/Looking More Bullish/Trades

Hi Trades,
I agree completely. I avoid commenting too much on the fundamental stuff.

It looks like the producers are coming to their senses and moving rigs, cutting back on the dry gas and moving to the NGL (liquids) which still yields significant dry gas, but we use a lot too. Looks like a serious effort developing to get the S/D balance back in order and let price rise enough to keep everyone solvent and the lights on.

Also, there is a process available to convert Ng to Diesel that would make a big dent in our Crude imports. I forget the name, will have to find it. I believe two large companies (shell might be one) that are giving it a serious look, but are concerned that if Ng goes back up to too high a level it won't work out and the conversion plants aren't a dime store item !!!

Would hate to see too much LNG "just exported" for the bucks - we still have to heat our homes !!!

On the shift to the NGL's, there also seems to be a crunch coming there for the short term as we don't seem to have the infrastructure to deal with too much more than is being produced now.
- A big plus here is Propane and Ethylene. Propane prices seem to be coming down and there is a significant population that heats with Propane where there is no "plumbing in the streets".

Maybe our Fertilizer industry will also come back !!!!

On the ferry boats .... If you run into what they are going to use CNG or LNG. i was just thinking that those Ferry boats might have needs that exceed practical CNG tankage. If you discover that they are going to use LNG I would be very interested in how they plan to store/tank it on board.

Enough for now. I think interesting times are coming in this industry !!! I would sure like to kill off our Crude imports.
Thanks, Lee