Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Silverbear? *PIC*
In Response To: Re: Silverbear? ()

Yeah there are a lot more important things in life than trading -- I was out of town for a nieces graduation/engagement party.

I did catch this long dx trade though -- thanks to the laptop -- see bottom left of chart.

Wayne my guess is b/c you are a do-it-yourself'er you will have a hard time following someone else's plans over the long haul. Given it was a freebie the whole value thing comes into play too.

The whole dream of trading for people who have worked for much of their life is to work for themselves, be their own boss etc. very difficult for them to flip a switch and now take their cue from someone else...human nature

Trading takes a strong work ethic for sure. But, it does not have to be work. One of the most important things I learned from Bill Williams was setting the stop and walking away.

Hard for those of us over 50 -- hell over 18 -- to learn new tricks of course.

Something else for nothing gang. Human nature -- the underlyiing determinant for market movement -- won't change in our lifetime; short of an astroid strike, meaning a successful method that is based on market input only -- price -- where the data is allowed to organize itself, will continue to be successful. Similiarly our own behavior ---- mindset or believe system -- won't change either barring sudden and drastic change. So if the mindset and the method are not wholly aligned...forget about it. Therefore, 10% of the fisherman will always catch 90% of the fish. And that's a fact, Jack.