Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Ronbo - 1929 Crash!
In Response To: Re: Ronbo - 1929 Crash! ()

Doc,
You nailed it!!
I think that I've related the story about my partner's IRA and how it lost close to 50% of it's value in 08. A couple of hundred thousand. The worst part is that she couldn't claim the loss!
The only person who really cares about your money is YOU!! If it's not invested, these bandits earn nothing.

Ronbo,
I hear you. I lost my entire pension when my co was bought out by another. We took them to court. No luck. This has happened quite frequently.

There was a story a few years ago about this old fart who went into the bank - and passed a ransom note to the teller demanding $ 1.00. After getting his buck, he sat down and waited for the police to show up. He had just been evicted from his apt and had no $$ for essentials. At least in prison you get taken care of. As a parole officer friend of mine used to say -"they got 3 hots (meals) and a cot". Hell, up here, they can even vote in the election.
He got 3 years.