Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: S&P
In Response To: Re: S&P ()

Ye ole cup and handle pattern. That was my first introduction to the trading world via Ken Roberts back around 1990. I see Ken is still out there with his major claim to fame being, according to his web page, that he's paid 55 million in taxes, to date...or something like that.

His cup and handle runneth over!

1990...wow...seems like that was a million years ago. I had built my sweeper truck company up to where I was the second largest sweeper truck company in Nashville with 5 trucks from a start up stake of 1K. I paid 55 dollars in taxes when I owed 55K...never quite figured out why the IRS took such offense to that. Boy oh boy, they where like a dog on a bone over the difference. HAHA!!

I tried multiple times to explain to them that we were not dealing in mass and 55 dollars was essentially the same thing as 55K, save for a few zero's. If we were dealing with mass in determining how many cars could be on a bridge before it collapsed, the zero's would be of paramount importance. Try as I might, I never could convince them of that fact that dollars are a human construct of little meaning.

I also told them that if they invested the 55 dollars in the Ken Roberts program, by the time they managed to extract the 55K from my ass they could turn the 55 dollars into 55 million worth of personal taxes paid!!!

I should have known better than to try to reason with a bunch of greedy godvernemnt peeps.